Buildup of Mismachined Components
NiCoForm will help you rebuild mismachined, worn or undersized components by electroplating a tightly adherent layer of stress-free, machinable and weldable NiColoy® on accurately masked areas.
After plating, the parts can be ground, milled, turned or EDM machined to the required size. We can also apply a wear-resistant NiColoy® coating to new tooling before or after the final machining to assure longer tool life, high corrosion resistance and improved release. Copper and brass mold cores and inserts will benefit the most from a NiColoy® coating protecting them from excessive wear and erosion during molding.
When NiCoForm restores your critical parts:
- Mold components are quickly rebuilt at a fraction of the cost of new parts
- Unlike welding, electroplating is done at a low temperature (<50 Deg. C), preventing heat distortions and loss of material strength
- Internal surfaces and threads can be uniformly built up
We can plate on the following substrates:
- Tool steels - S 7, H 13, A 2, P 20 and many others
- Stainless steels - 300 and 400 series and others
- Titanium alloys
- Brass, Copper and its alloys
- NiColoy®, Nickel and many others
EDM'd, nitrided and other surface treatments need to be stoned or sanded off prior to plating, to remove the 'skin' that compromises adhesion of the plated layer.
To download the RFQ form, please click here.